Shoutout to a fucking video game for helping me get my sleep schedule back on track. On Monday night, I went to bed at 11 PM so I’d be able to wake up at 8 AM and play the beta until my eyes burned. And boy I did just that. And now here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed writing this here blog for ya.
I’m not going to be shit talking the servers, which I’m sure everyone knows shit the bed. As much as I want to, I just can’t. It’s the first day of a beta, things are going to act up, it’s inevitable. But what I am going to tell you, is this game is doing it for me. I found myself in bed last night, pitch black room, watching Valorant YouTube videos with my phone 3 inches from my face. I know I like a game when even when I’m not playing it, I’m watching it.
Playing as Jett
- Cloudburst – Throw out a cloud of fog that blocks vision whereever it lands.
- Updraft – Launch yourself upwards after a quick pause
- Signature Ability: Tailwind – Quick dash in whatever direction you’re moving
- Blade Storm (ult) – Go wild with several throwing knives. You can throw one at a time, or all remaining on in a short burst. Moderate damage but kill on headshots. Replenish your daggers when you get a kill.
Jett is my favorite agent so far (granted I’ve only played two). She isn’t too complicated, and she’s an offensive agent which is what I look for. DPS baby. You can pick up a quick frag, tailwind, and updraft onto a box before anyone even knows what happened. It keeps enemies guessing. And if you pair them up where you can updraft, tailwind, and pop your ultimate (5 throwing knives)? Forget about it. You’ll be catching some easy kills and good clips. She definitely reminds me of Genji, and I think will be my go-to for a bit.
Playing as Phoenix
- Hot Hands – Throw a fireball that engulfs a small area. Deals damage to enemies but heals you.
- Blaze – Summon a wall of fire
- Signature Ability: Curveball – Throw a flash bang that curves around corners (sick)
- Run it Back (ult) – Marks your current location with a short timer. When the timer expires, or you die, you respawn at that spot with full health
Phoenix seems to always be there when it comes time to pick agents. This tells me that it might be smart to get good with him just in case I have to resort to a not so popular agent. Phoenix is pretty simple offensive agent too. All he really has is a fire ball (Hot Hands) and curve-able flash bangs (Curveball). Let me tell you one thing though, I flashed the SHIT out of my team so many times until I got the curving right. I wish there was a way to throw it straight too, but whatever. Now you’re able to make some cheeky peaks around corners after curving a flash through the door.
Phoenix’s ultimate is pretty cool too. It gives you the ability to go for a ballsy play, and if it doesn’t work out, so be it. You respawn with full health. No harm no foul
This game is fun, and I can’t wait to play it for weeks to come. And if you would please excuse me, I have some Valorant to go play.
- Nickmercs Spent Half A Million Dollars on the 2021 MFAM BBQ - September 21, 2021
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Takes 50% Pay Cut - April 30, 2021
- Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kyler Murray Signs With FaZe Clan - April 26, 2021