Starting today, Destiny 2’s Halloween event – Festival of the Lost – returns to the game. The event is free for all players, runs through November 8th.
Starting today, Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost free, in-game event is back through November 8. As is tradition, players will don spooky (and silly!) masks and collect treats by completing challenges in and around Haunted Sectors throughout the system. This year’s treats include the new Legendary Sniper Rifle Mechabre, the community-chosen Mech-themed armor ornament set, and additional cosmetics unlocked in the Festival of the Lost Event Card.Free Festival Of The Lost Event In Destiny 2 Is Back And Spookier Than Ever (Official Bungie Press Release)
This event will help to wrap up Destiny 2’s Season of Plunder, as the seasonal storyline concluded last week. Here’s what players can expect during the Festival of the Lost:
- Event Card Rewards: Festival of the Lost will bring back the Event Card challenges from this past summer’s Solstice event. There will be new free and premium event challenges to unlock haunting in-game cosmetics, vehicles, and more.
- Haunted Sectors: Destiny 2 is getting an all-new Haunted Sector playlist, where players will fight “Headless Ones” in new and returning Haunted Sectors – which are spooky remixes of Lost Sectors throughout the game.
- Mech-themed Armor Ornaments: The Destiny community recently voted to bring mech-themed armor sets to the game, and those will be available for Bright Dust or Silver over the next few weeks. I really should’ve saved up my Bright Dust for these, because they’re pretty awesome looking.
- Bungie Rewards: Last but not least, there’s of course a commemorative t-shirt in the Bungie Store, which will become available for players who earn the Bookworm 1 Triumph in-game.
I’ve really enjoyed Destiny 2’s Season of Plunder for the most part, although the story’s conclusion was a little bit of a bummer last week and left lots of questions still on the table. I’m hoping that next season’s story tells us a whole lot more and slingshots us right into 2023 (and Lightfall), as it looks like we’ve got a ton to get excited for on the horizon.
Grab your guns, get ready to get spooky, and fire up Destiny later today to start earning these rewards.
Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost goes live after today’s reset (1PM ET), and the Season of Plunder concludes December 6th.
- World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Review in Progress – WoW Soars Once More - November 29, 2022
- GIVEAWAY ALERT: We’re Giving Away the Hottest Games Every Month… STARTING NOW! - November 13, 2022
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Campaign – The Wicked Good Review - November 7, 2022