IKEA’s New Gaming Lineup is Straight FLAMMOR
A long-time unofficial staple of the PC gaming community, IKEA recently announced a partnership with Republic of Gamers (ROG). Officially breaking into the world of gaming-related accessories/furniture, IKEA hopes to bring new “affordable, high performance gaming products” to its stores.
Featured items above include:
- MATCHSPEL – Gaming Chair
- UPPSPEL – Pegboard… for Gaming
- UTESPELARE – Gaming Desk / Drawer Unit
- LANESPELARE – Neck Pillow (NEED), Mouse Bungee, Mug with Lid and Straw
The partnership also goes beyond furniture with IKEA’s first Esports event sponsorship. The “For Those Who Dare Challenge” is a 2v2 Rocket League cup with a grand prize, of course, of an IKEA gaming den (+5000 GBP).
My personal understanding of design language may be at a second-grade level, but IKEA’s designers put out a video describing their inspirations:
Products that offer better ergonomics help gamers excel at what they do without wearing out their bodies – become better athletes, basically.”Jon Karlsson (Designer, IKEA)
- Metroid Dread is Finally Here! - October 8, 2021
- Forza Horizon 5 Hardware Specs Announced - September 30, 2021
- Has Nintendo Delivered A Final Smash to the Inflated Retro Resale Market? - September 24, 2021