Pokémon Presents 2023: Everything You Need To Know
Good morning and happy Pokémon Day!
In honor of this special day, The Pokémon Company hit us with 20+ minutes of all new announcements, previews, and other Pokémon goodness. Last year, we simply received updates on a few Pokémon titles that were already out (like Unite, Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl, and Arceus), but there have been plenty of rumors floating around that could lead to something actually new being announced today.
Below is the official stream that you can watch back from the beginning if you’d like to see the whole thing, followed closely by our recap.
- The Pokémon World Championships are taking place in Yokohama, Japan this August.
- We got a little peek at the new Netflix series and it looked weird.
- They’re also adding Zacian to Pokémon UNITE, which is entering it’s second year of service.
- Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly are coming to Pokémon Cafe Mix
- Pokémon Masters EX, which I forgot existed, is adding a bunch of new champions to the game. Mainly from Galar.
Pokémon TCG Classic Box
After an announcement about the Pokémon World Championships taking place in Yokohama, Japan later this year – we got an ad for a new “Premium Pokémon TCG Set” that will “last a lifetime” called Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic. The sleek, very expensive looking box reminds me of those retro-fancy editions you can find in Target for Monopoly and other legacy board and card games. We’ll find out more details in August at the Pokémon World Championships.
We got a cute commercial about Pokémon Sleep, which looks like a sleep aid app for iOS and Android. It’s coming out later this year. I have no idea what the app does aside from track your sleep, but it looks adorable.
Scarlet + Violet Updates
- Suicune and Virizion are coming to max-level raids as special future/past forms. Suicune will be exclusive to Scarlet, and Virizion to Violet.
- Pokémon Home and GO integration is coming to S/V “early 2023”
- A two-part DLC for Scarlet/Violet, coming in Fall and Winter of this year, is titled “The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero”.
And that’s what we’ve got. What did you think? Personally I would’ve liked to have seen some more details on pretty much anything involved, but the Scarlet and Violet DLC does look cool. Let us know what you think in the comments or at @WickedGoodGames on Twitter!
- Twitch Lays Off 400 Employees Just Days After Losing Their CEO - March 20, 2023
- Jamaal Williams Schools the NFL Media on Pokémon Again - March 18, 2023
- WGG Monthly Game Giveaway: MARCH! - March 15, 2023