In an official Newswire post, Rockstar announced today the return of zombies to the Red Dead series, among other spooky goodies in their Red Dead Online Halloween event.
Here’s what you get with The Halloween Pass upgrade (which costs 20 gold bars):
- Exclusive special themed clothing items
- Full weapon variations
- “Grim” Photo Studio Backgrounds
- A gothic renovation for your Moonshine Bar
- Filters for your Advanced Camera
- New Legendary Animals to hunt: the spotted Nightwalker Panther and albino Ghost Panther
- Brand new mode Dead of Night mode
The latter mode, probably the beefiest component of The Halloween Pass, and will only be around for a limited-time. Dead of Night pits players against each other and The Dead. Killing the Dead earns points, but killing another player or contributing to their death (whether at the hands of a zombie or another player) will earn even higher point totals.
Red Dead Redemption’s Undead Nightmare expansion is widely held as one of the best DLC packs ever. While this isn’t exactly the full-fledged expansion fans could’ve hoped for, the new game mode and spooky goodies seem to be enough to wet the whistle for horror and Red Dead fans alike for the time being.
Red Dead Online: The Halloween Pass is available now through November 16th.
- Handicapping Tiggy’s Beer Mile - September 8, 2023
- The Guard Will Miss VCT Americas After Failing To Do Paperwork On Time… Wait What? - August 29, 2023
- Destiny 2: The Final Shape’s Reveal Trailer Proves That Nobody Tugs The Heartstrings Quite Like Bungie - August 25, 2023