Star Wars Battlefront II is about to bring its second full year to a close, and is still cranking out free content, updates, and patches regularly. Though its launch was an unmitigated mess, EA has since made up for it in spades, delivering more free regular content updates than any other shooter (or, hell, any AAA game) in recent memory.
Enter the Star Wars Battlefront 2: Celebration Edition. Coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC tomorrow, the Celebration Edition includes absolutely every piece of content pre-unlocked since the game’s launch, including items from the new Rise of Skywalker update which drops on the 17th. All told, the Celebration Edition includes with over 350 (!?!) customization options. This includes:
- 25+ Hero appearances (six of which are Legendary skins)
- A new skin each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren
- 125+ Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
- 100+ Hero and Trooper Emotes, most of which are fully voiced
- 70+ Hero and Trooper “Victory poses”
All of this doesn’t even count the aforementioned Rise of Skywalker season of content, which includes (deep inhale):
- New co-op and Heroes vs. Villains locations in the jungle setting we see in the RoS trailers
- New First Order and Resistance reinforcement classes, including the Sith trooper Infiltrator and Jet Trooper for the First Order, and a new Gunner and Spy for the Resistance
- Even more new Hero skins for Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren
EA has also confirmed that BB-8 and BB-9E will be coming to the game as playable characters somewhere down the line, but who the fuck knows how that’s gonna work. It’ll definitely be adorable though.
At the end of the day (and the year), Star Wars Battlefront II continues to be one of the most consistently supported, thoroughly updated, and well rounded AAA games out there. If you haven’t already dug in and need a Star Wars fix, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. If you already own the game, you’re in for a treat with this new (and free) Rise of Skywalker season of content.
Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is coming tomorrow for $24.99 on PS4 and Xbox One, or for $29.99 on PC via Origin. EA Access members will get the update for free.