Today’s PS5 Showcase is a long time coming. We’re already live streaming and recording our reactions over on Twitch and YouTube, but I know you folks love the written word – so here’s an announcement-by-announcement breakdown of all the announcements as they happen.
- Final Fantasy 16 – What a way to kick things off! A colossal announcement that comes after basically no rumors or hints that this was even coming.
- Spider-Man Miles Morales – Some awesome gameplay, a few in-game cutscenes, and
- Hogwarts Legacy – It exists! Holy shit! No gameplay, but the long rumored Harry Potter game has finally been unveiled. Set during the 1800s, the trailer states you “shape the history” of Hogwarts.
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War – We got more gameplay footage, which didn’t look like it was anything new from what we haven’t seen in CoD before. However, it was unveiled that PS4 players will be able to play the Cold War multiplayer alpha EXCLUSIVELY starting this Friday, almost a full month before launch. I personally hate timed exclusives, but I’m sure PS4 owners are excited for this.
- Village (Resident Evil VIII) – Another haymaker from this presentation. RE8 looks amazing, and even though we didn’t get gameplay – there’s probably not a single survival horror fan on earth who isn’t stoked for this.
- Deathloop – Looks like BioShock meets Team Fortress 2… Interesting, but this got pushed back already after launch, so I can’t say I’m really that stoked for this.
- Devil May Cry V: Special Edition – A remaster/special edition. Looks fine. But I don’t care.
- Oddworld Soulstorm – Looks neat! I have never been crazy about these games but I’m sure the Oddworld die hards are going crazy right now.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s – NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENO
- Demon’s Souls Remaster – Bob is shitting himself over this. Looks great! This is how you do a remaster.
- Fortnite – C…..Cool?
- The PlayStation Plus Collection – A collection of most of the first-party PS4 games you probably care about, “available to download for PS5 at launch”. No clarification if you have to pay for them. It is unclear if this is Sony’s answer (or attempted answer) to Xbox GamePass/Games With Gold. It seems like this is a paid option.
- Aaaaaaaaaaand the PS5 Price/Release Date:
November 12th in the US, for $499 or $399 if you’re cool with the digital-only version. BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
2021, God of War’s sequel is coming. Could it be “God of War: Ragnarok”, “God of War: II”, or something else? Either way. Hell of a showcase from Sony here, can’t wait to see what comes next.
Have you made your decision on what console you’re going with? Sound off in the comments or on Twitter at @WickedGoodGames.
Latest posts by Papa Dom (see all)
- If This Can’t Be My Setup While Playing Star Wars Squadrons, Then I Don’t Want It - September 23, 2020
- T-Pain’s New Twitch Intro Is Absolutely Electrifying - September 23, 2020
- Happy Monday: Xbox Acquires ZeniMax Media, Bethesda Softworks - September 21, 2020