In case you’ve been living under a rock (or have been stuck between some portals), Splitgate: Arena Warfare is an arena shooter from 1047 Games that has been touted as “Halo meets Portal” by pretty much everyone on the internet. I had a chance to play Splitgate at PAX East earlier this year, and I had an absolute blast with the tight gunplay, crisp sound effects, and smooth platforming.
As of today, 1047 Games has officially launched “Season 1” of Splitgate’s new content, which includes a ton of new features, visual updates, and quality-of-life improvements. Check out the full trailer right here:
Alright, so the trailer looks sharp – but what’s under the hood? The folks at 1047 Games claim that they’ve added 50,000 lines of code since the last Splitgate update, which has led to a lot of new content. Features in Season 1 of Splitgate: Arena Warfare include:
- Completely revamped multiplayer and ranking systems
- New visual overhauls and tons of performance optimizations
- Battle Passes and challengers
- New maps and weapons
Splitgate: Arena Warfare is available right now on Steam, and is free-to-play.
Love the brand? Support your boys! Buy a shirt at the official WGG Shop right here, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to us on Spotify and Twitch! Also, if you’re looking for a high-quality monitor mount that won’t break the bank – use code WICKEDGOOD over at Echogear to get 15% off your purchase!
- TIL: American Idol’s William Hung Was One of Pokémon TCG’s Very First Champions - January 23, 2023
- Were Chris P. and Tyler Blevins Twins Separated At Birth? (A WGG Investigative Report) - January 20, 2023
- WGG Monthly Game Giveaway: JANUARY! - January 16, 2023